Sunday, August 06, 2006

officially over now

Around 1pm yesterday I got a call from Caleb asking me if I have a belt that holds a belt buckle. I knew why he was asking, he had bought his groomsmen belt buckles from Hot Topic. I asked him what time the bachelor party started, and he told me 8pm. This was perfect, I could go to Judy's going away party at 6 for an hour or two and then head over to the bachelor party.

Then around 5pm I get a call from Tyrel telling me that Brett posted a bulletin on MySpace around 1:45pm pushing the bachelor party up to 6pm. Not only is this bad for my being able to go to both parties, but it is starting to make me think that I am not wanted at the bachelor party since it is an hour away and I have yet been called about it by anyone other than Tyrel.

When Tyrel and I get to the Kennedy School, we join everyone at a table outside and have dinner and a few beers. I heard Brett say something about calling everyone to let them know that the time had changed from 8 to 6 which seemed funny because in the week or two he has been in the states I haven't received a single phone call from him. Ryan Begley, Justin Ferry and Brent Patterson are at another table so it isn't a big deal. After dinner a few of us go into the detention bar and smoke cigars so of course those three don't go in because they don't smoke. So again, no confrontations so far. Ryan Begley left around this time.

After a few more drinks at Kennedy School, we head to the Lucky Lab and My Father's Place (the bar, not my dad's house) and have a few drinks and play some pinball. Someone finally convinces Caleb to go to a strip club, so we head up the street to Sassy's. This is where the shit hit the fan. First Brett comes up to me and asks me what I know about what happened when Ally was in San Francisco last March. I tell him that we already talked about it and it didn't need to be brought back up. He tells me that he just wanted to make sure that I was told "the truth", which he says is that Ally slept with a bartender. I know this to not be true, as I said, we've already dealt with this. I tell Brett that she didn't sleep with anyone, and he says something about me being okay with infidelity and how he just wants to make sure that I know "the truth". Immediately after Brett finishes, James Potter comes up to me and tells me that Ryan left because he couldn't be around me. I respond by telling him how I didn't make Ryan leave, and he counters by telling me that I need to apologize to Ryan and Brent for how I've treated them because we are all friends and we should just apologize and let things blow over. I point out to him that it is not my duty to apologize, and that friends grow apart, and that just because we are all his friends doesn't mean that we all have to be friends with one another. He doesn't seem to get it. Feeling cornered and angered, I tell Tyrel to take me home. Once home I go straight to bed where I toss and turn and barely sleep, my mind reeling with anger and the obvious decision that I was going to have to make about not being in Caleb's wedding.

I called Caleb this morning and told him that I couldn't be in his wedding. He was mad. I pointed out that he himself had told me that maybe Ally shouldn't come to the wedding because he didn't want drama at his wedding, and so since those "friends" of his couldn't keep the drama away last night that I shouldn't be at his wedding so that there is no drama. He said that he had asked me if it would be a problem that those people would be there, and I had answered that it wouldn't be a problem. It's true that I said that, but when I said it I was assuming that those people would be able to put things aside like I did last night. Obviously my assumptions were wrong. Caleb mumbled something about me being selfish and hung up on me.

If only he could see that they are the ones who are being selfish and that keep bringing up the past and blaming everything on me and Ally. Caleb and Brett were sort of the last stronghold of people in that group that I became friends with in college. Now that they are gone, I know who my real friends are. I don't have to deal with that pack mentality that they seem to thrive on. They're like a gang, and I am now out of the gang.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are some super great friends you have wasted too many years on. just because these people may have seemed cool like 10 yrs ago doesnt mean they are now. and caleb is making a huge mistake by not only getting married, but by also being sucked into friendsips with ryan and brent. because those 2 give the facade the there marriages are great and caleb should join there happy marriage clique. funny thing is one is a sexual predator and one has his nuts tight between a vice.
tyrel, if you are reading this, do what you want, im not mad. but just remember, caleb slept with your girlfriend, not once, but twice. and tyler is a much better friend to you then caleb was or is. but i understand that you feel you cant back out. but i dont want to know about the disaster that this wedding will be.

Judith Ann said...

woah, sucky night. Usually lucky lab beer takes all my problems away, I suggest you go back there and drink some more.

Anonymous said...

we are so sorry we could not make it to your party.....i had to work so i have a good excuse. are you gone yet? is there anyway we can see you before you go?

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't have to get beat out of the gang.

On second thought, that might have been the option that I would have sought out. Bruises and broken bones heal a lot faster then your emotions.

I think you're doing an awesome job of keeping your eyes forward, and trying to make the right decisions to better your life.

Keep on truckin'.

Anonymous said...

YEAH! (?)

Anonymous said...

oh ya, i have a blog too. its under BLOG!BLOG!

Tyler Long said...

why don't you sign in before you post a response on here?

Anonymous said...

lol.

"BLOG BLOG said:"

lol.

Sounds like something The Cookie Monster would utter.

BLOG BLOG!

Anonymous said...

Could you just link it? I'm having trouble navigating the internets today.

I think it's the flourescent lights. They are getting to me.

Tyler Long said...

her user name is hyperlinked