Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Night Watch (Nochnoy Dozor)

I watched this movie last night.



I'm not going to say that it was the best movie ever ... because it wasn't ... but it was awesome!

It's sort of weird combination of the Matrix, the Lord of Rings and vampire movies. Sounds weird right? It is ... but it is also interesting and well done. Even the subtitles are done in an innovative way; moving around the screen, passing behind objects in the foreground, coming out of a character's mouth when they scream, dissipating into water, and changing colors.

As for foreign films of the last few years, it ranks up there with Oldboy and City of God as one of my favorites. I would recommend all three of these movies to anyone that can appreciate good movies.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Communist Vampires?

Anonymous said...

since I can't post on allys i have to post on yours


Ally gets her 1st paycheck in one day!!! Yeah!!!

(I love count downs)

Tyler Long said...

you can't post on ally's?

no wonder why she thinks no one reads hers

Anonymous said...

Well, no one does read hers.

Anonymous said...

stop!! I do she has it set that only bloggers can post!

Tyler Long said...

I'm not sure if she knows that

Judith Ann said...

so back to the movie...yeah that movie was rad!