Thursday, August 17, 2006

broke

My entire paycheck went towards the mortgage this month. It's proof positive that Ally and I can not currently be a one income couple. We'll be low on funds until Ally's next paycheck a week from tomorrow. What makes this a tricky situation is the fact that Deana and Shain are in town. I guess this is what "they" mean when "they" say that credit cards are good for emergencies. I need to win the lottery one of these days just to pay off my credit cards. Isn't this what being American is all about though ... living beyond your means and constantly putting yourself deeper into debt?

I want to be more finacially stable than I am now. I need to minimize my expenses.

I'm tired of my job. I have applied for a job with a railroad company based on the fact that they pay well and have amazing benefits (plus I would be able to work in jeans and T-shirt). I am thinking of applying to another railroad company to increase my chances. Financially and careerwise it would be a great opportunity. The downside would be having to be available to work 24 hours a day 365 days a year, the high possibility of relocation and being out of town a lot. So far, the pros outweigh the cons. I need something stable that pays me well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try having $4000 in mortgage payments. When the house isn't full I whip out the credit cards. Just hope that equity keeps building.

Tyler Long said...

$4000 ... eeek!!!