Wednesday, August 09, 2006

for Judy

While I am writing this, you are probably somewhere between Portland and Atlanta, on your way to your new home in Dublin, Ireland.

I would be lying if I said that I'm not completely jealous of you. The fact that I minored in German in college and yet never lived in Germany is one of my biggest regrets in life. I wish I could go back and make better decisions the second time around.

I would also be lying if I said that I wasn't happy for you. You know what you want in life, and you aren't afraid to get it. I wish that I had even the slightest clue about what I want to do careerwise in my life.

I wish you all the best and hope that everything continues to work out the way you want it. If I'm ever in Europe, I'll let you know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here Here!! TO JUDY!


No regrets, though tyler, you made the choices in your past so that you could have something in the future. The day you realize what it is you have been searching and unconsiously planning for, will be magical. You just wait.


So thank you Judy, for inspiring us to want to do more with our future!

Judith Ann said...

wow, tyler. Thanks.

To be exact I'm sitting at Gate E11 in Atlanta and my plane just got delayed 30 minutes.

We all know life isn't about careers. It's just about living. I just happen to be a stubbornly determined person. It's not easy. I'm leaving amazing friends, family, the coolest cat in the world and the love of my life. All for a stubborn goal. A stubborn goal that will change my life, hopefully for the better. And if all those people are half as good as I think, then they'll still be around when I'm done with my little adventure.

Okay enough ranting. Thanks again tyler, all the best to you and your lady. My door/couch is always open.

Tyler Long said...

actually, Ally and I already have the coolest cat in the world ... so that is less to feel bad about for you, at least you only left the second best cat in the world