Friday, September 08, 2006

a thought

I'm kind of bored with Portland. I regret not moving to Providence last year. Although, I do own a house in Portland, which is pretty cool. Still, I sometimes wish I lived somewhere new. I have lived in Oregon since I was 4 or 5. I wish I had a change of scenery.

I still think about Providence and Boston, but now Pittsburgh is up there too. It was ranked the #1 most liveable city in the US. Plus, it is beautiful with all of the hills, rivers, and bridges. Cost of living is low too. A 3-4 bedroom 2 bath house averages around $162,000. Makes a person think ...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and move. I don't like you anymore anyways. I'm jumping on the I hate you train and it's left the station.

Anonymous said...

Providence Tyler? Seriously? There aren't even any pro sports teams in RI.

Boredom City!

Anonymous said...

Pitt has a bad ass flag:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Pittsburgh.gif

I'm not sure if blogspot enables IMG tagging, so you'll have to click on the link.

Tyler Long said...

Providence is only about a half hour from Gillette Stadium

Anonymous said...

Half hour w/ no traffic!

Pittsburgh looks pretty nice man, just checking it out on Wikipedia.

Plus, I love bridges.

Tyler Long said...

you can take a train to Gillette Stadium and not worry about traffic

i'll come visit you under whatever bridge you decide to live under

Anonymous said...

And shit, I didn't know that Providence had a history of organized crime! That's awesome.

Judith Ann said...

Dubin has 11 bridges within 2 miles. Although the cost of living here is about 4x higher than portland...

Tyler Long said...

but it's in europe ... that's awesome!

Rebecca said...

Pittsburgh is a wonderful city and incredibly visual. I think you'd love it. And I could come visit and we could go to my cousin's chocolate store for loads of great chocolate and then to my aunt's house to eat way too much delicious food. Move to Pittsburgh! Yay!

Tyler Long said...

find me a job that pays well, and someone to buy my house here and I'll do it!

Anonymous said...

But Ally, the bridges!