Tuesday, September 12, 2006

coughing inside your coffin

I can't stop coughing.

I'm not talking about coughing in the way that a person coughs when they have a cold, it's more like a cough to dislodge the phlegm in the back of my throat. The trouble is, the phlegm never comes out. Which explains why I can't stop. I have no other symptoms of a cold, so I'm pretty sure I'm not sick.

I'm sure it has to do with smoking, but I haven't started smoking anymore than usual. In fact, I probably smoke less than I used to. I rarely smoke before I return home from work, having my first cigarette of the day usually around 6pm. And I usually don't smoke more than three cigarettes a day unless I go to the bars or drink in the garage, which is also happening less frequently than previously. So maybe it has less to do with smoking than I am inclined to believe. I'm sure my non-smoking friends will suggest that I quit smoking, but I honestly don't want to. Not because of the addiction, but because at the right time and/or place, I really enjoy smoking. Just as someone else really enjoys a cola when they are thirsty. I'll let you all have that nasty vice and you can let me have mine.

I usually only get allergies in the spring and early summer. It is late summer/almost fall, so I doubt that the problem is allergies

I'm not sure what is wrong with me. I just know that I want to get this stuff out of my body.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you should stop smoking

Anonymous said...

Hey, you should stop smoking

Tyler Long said...

just because you wrote it twice doesn't mean I'm more likely to heed your advice

Tyler Long said...

it seems a bit better today

Anonymous said...

It's because I wrote it twice.

Anonymous said...

It's because I'm no longer couch surfing at your place. You are alergic to me.

Anonymous said...

Lethal Black Metal Mold.

Grows only in Portland.

Tyler Long said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tyler Long said...

black metal mold ... AWESOME!