Friday, September 01, 2006

another member of the gang

Last night I got a cryptic google messenger message from Jeremy Lanig. All it said was "I hear you're losing friends like wildfire. Sorry about that."

I can't figure out why my "friends" can't seem to find the courtesy to ask my side of the story before they make a judgement. Especially those friends who live in Japan.

I have been treated like shit by quite a few people that I have considered friends in the past. I'm sure it is because of Ally and her unwillingness to fit into whatever stereotype they want her to fit into. Ally doesn't refrain from calling people out for their flaws and mistakes. I've seen Ally do it to her closest friends, and she does it to me practically on a daily basis. I don't consider this a problem, but rather look at it as constructive criticism ... a chance to grow. For some reason that particular group of people is more willing to drop a long-term (no pun intended) friendship than to accept their own faults and try to change.

I have been making an effort to distance myself from them, and to make new friends with people that are strong in character and won't treat me and Ally like shit. For some reason though just about every two weeks someone from that group has to butt in and put in their snide remarks. I'm tired of it. Why can't they just move on like I'm trying to do?

No comments: