Sunday, September 24, 2006

METAL

Friday night I went to see the Bronx, Converge and Mastodon. It was great. I'll let a text message that Tyrel sent to me from across the room during the show sum up the show.

"Holy mother of god my head is going to explode if this gets any awesomer."

I don't think that it could be summed up any better than that. I only saw a few songs by the Bronx, but they seemed pretty good. I was really excited about seeing Converge, and Jacob Bannon and crew did not disappoint. They are such an amazing band. I have to admit that I generally like hardcore more than metal, but when Mastodon started playing, I understood completely why so many people had packed the Roseland to see them play. They were brutal, loud, and tight. The crowd went nuts.

2 comments:

Judith Ann said...

didn't i see you at a converge show?

mastodon=awesome

Tyler Long said...

you did indeed!