Sunday, January 28, 2007

the results

I heard back from my doctor's office about my bloodwork. My triglyceride levels were lower, but my "good" cholesterol levels were a bit low. This isn't too surprising, and it just tells me that I need to continue living a healthier lifestyle. What I really need to do is add regular exercise to my new diet.

The problem is that the only exercise I enjoy involves the outdoors, and lately it is cold and often wet outside. Once the weather gets better, I would like to start riding my bike, going for hikes and maybe shooting hoops across the street at the park. The problem I run into is that none of my friends want to join me. I wanted to go on a hike today, but everyone I asked found some stupid reason not to go. I can't believe how hard it is to convince people to get up earlier than noon on the weekends. I never had a problem in college finding someone to go on a hike with. But then again I lived with Slye, who is much more active than my drinking buddies up here in Portland.

As for the diet, I am going to continue eating healthy and avoiding alcohol as much as possible. I am going to give myself one day a week as a "sin" day where I can eat what I want and then have drinks that night with friends. This weekend I had pizza, and it was great! I can tell that my thinking about food is already changing though, because I ordered the whole wheat crust without even flinching. Next week is Super Bowl sunday, so I will have to wait until Sunday to splurge.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You're doing great bro.

Shannon probably feels the same way about never being able to find someone to work out with, cause sometimes it's pulling teeth to get me to the gym.

What are your plans for Superbowl? I'm trying to get something going with some of the people up here, would you wanna try to do something together?

Tyler Long said...

I thought about it and considered it and decided that drinking all day Sunday and then having to drive back down here Sunday night would be a bad idea.

I definitely would like to come up soon and visit.

Unknown said...

Papa Murphys (can't remember if there are any in Portland) has a bomb-diggity low-carb crust. It's seriously flippen delicious. It's not just crispy, it's hyper-crispy.

Tyler Long said...

i don't prefer crispy crusts

Anonymous said...

SPLURGE!!!

Ally said...

you should get rid of the anonymous feature.

Tyler Long said...

I've decided that from now on all comments from "anonymous" will be deleted