Tuesday, February 06, 2007

money to spend

Ally and I did our taxes on Saturday at H&R Block. Owning a house and being married helped us get a pretty good return.

I would like to put some of that money into the house in order to increase the value of the house. The first thing that needs to be done is replacing the kitchen cabinets. We (mostly Ally) started resurfacing them and didn't really like the way it was turning out, so we quit without finishing the project. We definitely need new cabinets. Nothing too fancy, just basic cabinets.

Jeremy can get us a good deal on countertops, so that helps keep the cost down. I wish I knew someone who sold and installed cabinets so that I can keep this affordable. If anyone knows anyone, please let me know.

Hopefully we can afford the new cabinets and countertops and still afford to visit NYC this spring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And come visit for adams bday this weekend. I know that will increase the value of your house!! Yeah!

Tyler Long said...

I'm pretty sure that Ally works this weekend, since we are going to Newport next week :-(

Rebecca said...

You must come visit!