Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Science of Sleep

Tim and I went and saw this movie last night. It was written and directed by Michael Gondry, who is known for his Bjork videos and for directing Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

The movie is visually and mentally stimulating. The writing in Eternal Sunshine is better, thanks to Charlie Kaufman, but this film is still full of funny, witty, and compelling dialogue. It's definitely one of those movies that you don't completely understand right away. I left the theater with my brain trying to process everything that I had just seen and heard. I'm already looking forward to seeing the movie again in hopes of understanding it more, as well as noticing things I may have missed the first time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds pretty artsy fartsy to me, are there naked chicks and stuff?

Tyler Long said...

a few naked chicks .. yes

Judith Ann said...

ah i'm so excited about this movie! gael garcia bernal. drool.

i'm drunk on guinness and my next door polish neighbors are noisy. the end.