Friday, March 14, 2008

much better

I'm feeling much better now. My fever passed and I am left with very few symptoms from my sickness. Usually I am stuffed up and have a bad cough for a week or so after a fever, but this time isn't too bad.

The fever broke in time for me to go see Gogol Bordello. This is the second time in less than a year I've seen them, and to be honest I would see them many more times in a year if possible. If you've never seen them before, make sure you do next time they are in your town. They won't disappoint. Their music contains so many influences, fans of almost any type of music should be able to enjoy their shows. They have so much energy on stage, and they are such great performers. They make me wonder why I spend money to see bands that simply stand around in one place and play their instruments. Most of the time there are around 10 people on stage, and they are all constantly running around playing their instruments and getting the crowd involved. There are little to no pauses between songs, and they play sets that are around an hour long, wait about 3 minutes while the crowd urges an encore and then they return to play an encore that is almost another hour long. After the shows, the singer DJs an after party at a nearby bar (that I haven't been able to stay up late enough for yet). I have no doubt that they are the hardest working band around.

2 comments:

Shanny said...

Dude, we went to the show here in seattle and it fucking ROCKED!! I would see them all the time too!

Shanny said...

tyler, what is going on in your life? I don't know cause you don't blog enough!