Tuesday, April 10, 2007

good and bad

First off, the good:

Last weekend I bought a new camera. I have been feeling lately like I don't take enough pictures. I studied photography in college, yet I rarely pick up a camera just for fun or to create art. One of the reasons for this is that after working at a camera store for 4 years, I was used to being able to develop and print my own pictures. I don't like the idea of letting someone else have that much say when it comes to my art. So, I made the decision to spend some of the money we are saving from not having to pay the mortgage this month on a digital SLR. I already had a Canon SLR with a couple of lenses, so I decided to buy just the camera body. I bought a Canon Rebel XT. It's pretty great. I can't wait to take it to NYC and take a bunch of photos.

Now the bad:

Odin got sick again. His symptoms were exactly the same as when he was sick a few weeks ago. However, with the news of all of the pet food recalls happening lately and pets dying from eating tainted food, this time I was extremely nervous and scared. I thought for sure that the vet had misdiagnosed his symptoms and now he was going to die from kidney failure. I felt like there was nothing that could be done. Because of this hopelessness, I waited quite a while to take him to the vet, instead giving him some Pepto and waiting it out so that I didn't have to pay the high cost of taking him to the emergency vet. When he finally got to the vet, he wasn't vomiting or having any diarrhea anymore. The vet checked him out and diagnosed that last time he came in he had Giardia, which was treated with the medicine in the IV he was given. But, since he didn't stay on the medicine it came back. This time I was given pills, and a much less expensive vet bill and sent home. His appetite is back and he hasn't had any unnecessary or projectile bodily fluids in two days. All I can do now is hope that the diagnosis was correct, and that the medicine takes care of the problem for good this time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo sad it is such a bad time for all the doggies right now. Rocco was hit by a car yesterday. He got out cause our front door handle is broken, after I left for school.

Thank you to our neighbor who help Adam find him.

(he is ok, no broken bones, just beat up)

Anonymous said...

yeah for new cameras too.


Feel better Odin!!

Tyler Long said...

ouch ... I'm glad Rocco wasn't hurt more than he was

Unknown said...

I'm glad Facebiter is feeling better.

It is weird how the things we used to love to do 5 or 6 years ago don't even exist in our daily lives most of the time. Music, pictures, etc.

Seems like the only thing that we used to do that we still do is drink.

Tyler Long said...

i'll drink to that ...