Monday, April 30, 2007

weekend recap

I've been getting over a cold I picked up on the airplane on the way back from NYC, so I decided to take it easy Friday night. A few beers and only a few cigarettes. I was in bed earlier than I've gone to bed on a Friday in a long time.

Saturday consisted of cleaning and organizing. After Ally was off of work, I took the train to her work and met her there. We headed to Optic Nerve so that I could put a down payment on my next tattoo. I came up with an idea a while ago (viking ship), and I had found an artist I really liked (Tim Jordan). While there I paid for Ally to get her nose pierced. She'd been mentioning wanting it done for a long time, so I figured it was as good of a time as any. After we left there, we went to Tube for happy hour and to say hi to Clarissa who had just returned from NYC the day before. We went home after a few beers and stayed in for the rest of the night.

Sunday morning I got up with Ally and took her to work. On the way home I stopped at Trader Joe's and picked up some groceries. I went home and made myself breakfast. At some point while making breakfast, my back started hurting really badly. Like a pinched nerve or something. It pretty much ruined the rest of my day. I sat on the couch most of the rest of the day since that hurt just a little less than moving around. I did make myself go to the grocery store to get the things I didn't get at Trader Joe's and I drove to Ally's work to pick her up, but that is about the extent of my day. When I tried to go to bed, my back hurt no matter how I laid down. I had to use a heating pad in order to even bear the pain enough to fall asleep.

My back still hurts a bit today, but not as bad. I wish I knew what caused the pain so that I can avoid it in the future.

No comments: