Friday, March 30, 2007

these last few days

Wednesday night Adam and Shannon came down for the Mastodon show. It's always fun to see them, we all get along really well and have a great time. The concert was great. It was in a smaller venue and it was packed. The opening band, Priestess was surprisingly good and of course Mastodon was extremely tight and brutal. Their songs always sound more tough live than on CD.

Unfortunately I woke up the next day with a killer headache and a sore throat. Adam and Shannon had to leave early in the morning. I had asked for the day off from work, so I rested and waited for my headache to go away. It ended up being a nice day ... around 70 degrees and sunny. Ally and I went to Costco and had a cheap lunch and bought a giant bag of coffee beans. After that, we went back home and I mowed the yard. It wasn't fun, in some spots the grass was up to my knees.

I am glad that my day off coincided with good weather, especially since the weather report is showing rain this weekend. I can't imagine if I had let the lawn get any longer how much it would have sucked to mow it. As it is, I am extremely sore today from pushing the lawnmower through the thick grass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

exercise is wonderful, huh?

Unknown said...

You ho bags need to come up here so we can go to Beth's!