Tuesday, March 06, 2007

pinch me ... i must be dreaming

I'm super excited about seeing Mastodon on March 28th at the Hawthorne Theater here in Portland. The last time I saw them I didn't know much of their music and went more to see Converge than Mastodon. They blew me away, and have become one of current favorite bands. I can't wait to see them in a smaller venue, especially now that I am more familiar with their music.

As if this show wasn't good enough, they have just announced another tour in May.

They will be playing at the Roseland Theater on May 4th with .... get this ... Against Me!, Cursive, and These Arms are Snakes.

Holy shit!!!!!

While I think that these four bands are all extremely different in style, they are all great live and this could end up being an amazing show. Who am I kidding ... it will be an amazing show!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All those bands suck.

Plus, that show's the same night as the Dashboard concert, so obviously no one will go see some stupid metal bands.

Tyler Long said...

Dashboard? As in Dashboard Confessional?

HaHa ... that guy cries a lot

According to These arms are snakes's MySpace page, they are on the second half of the tour and won't be playing in Portland or Seattle.