Sunday, July 23, 2006

HOT HOT HOT!

It has been triple digit temperatures for the last 3 or 4 days. It's damn near unbearable. We've been trying to avoid the heat the best we can with movie theaters, the mall and our almost useless window AC unit, but we still can't avoid completely the scorching heat. I feel like I am living in the Southwest where it is normal to have weather like this. I hate the heat so much, I find myself wishing I was somewhere like work, where at least I can be in an air conditioned room.

Yesterday Ally and I, desite the temperature, ripped the carpet out of the bedroom that Tyrel moved out of to expose the hardwood floors. The floor looks good. Also, if you didn't already know, since the day we moved into the house, Tyrel had completely filled up our garage with boxes and furniture. Since, in his absence, we have now reclaimed the garage, we took the carpet from the bedroom and laid it down in the garage. Tim has a recliner that we never had room for and a coffee table. After "liberating" an ashtray from the bar last night, we now have a pretty cool lounge started in the garage. Once I move the mini-fridge and some sort of speaker setup into the garage, we will be well on our way towards having our own bar to smoke and drink in at a fraction of the cost of actually going to a bar. The fact that I am posting this blog from the garage right now means that the wireless has a range that will allow us to have wireless in our lounge too. We really need some entertainment out here. Maybe I'll pick up a dart board or figure out a way to hook up the old computer with some contollers and lots of emulated games. I can't wait for everyone to come hang out. Hopefully the heat won't keep us out of the garage for too much longer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dartboard + Soul Coughing + Corolla + Hot Chicks from Safeway = Good times.

Tyler Long said...

actually, Adam, the "hot chicks" from Safeway in Roseburg wanted nothing to do with us as I recall ... but good times were had nonetheless

Anonymous said...

We didn't try hard enough.

Or try at all for that matter.