Friday, July 28, 2006

another one bites the dust

In two weeks, I am a groomsman in Caleb's wedding. I have known Caleb for around 12 years. I've watched him grow up. He's always been like a little brother to me.

His birthday was a few days ago, and apparently he had a birthday party. I didn't know about it until Tyrel mentioned it to Ally last night. I can only assume that he didn't tell me about it because people like Brent Patterson and Ryan Begley would be there, and Caleb knows that I don't want anything to do with those guys. Still, I can't help but think that a true friend would have invited me with a warning that those guys would be there, and let me decide whether or not I wanted to show up. Not getting invited makes me think that he doesn't consider me a friend.

Maybe this is for the best. It is difficult to be close friends with someone who isn't understanding of my feelings towards those other people. Maybe he has decided that it is just easier to be their friend instead of mine, and if that's the case, then so be it. But, if that is the case, then why am I in his wedding? If he really wants me in his wedding, then that is fine. I'll do it because of the past that we share, but I can't say that the future looks bright for our friendship at this point.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may not be operating with all the information at hand here, but it could just be that he forgot to tell you.

Tyler Long said...

could be, except that he called me that night and didn't mention it

Anonymous said...

OR IT'S CERTAINLY POSSIBLE THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE ANONYMOUS COULD'VE JUST FORGOTTEN TO PUT IN THIER NAME. OR WE JUST JUST ASSUME THE WORST AND FLIP OUT ABOUT IT AND TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND INVADE CANADA

Anonymous said...

And god dammit, why aren't you dorks coming up to the Block Party this weekend?

Tyler Long said...

adam, are you anonymous?

I'm going to be in the wedding unless he asks me not to.

Anonymous said...

MAYBE IT IS BECAUSE YOU CALLED ME THE ICE QUEEN AND BECAUSE I HATE EVERYONE AND TRY TO MAKE TYLER'S OLD FRIENDS NOT BE HIS FRIENDS ANYMORE! OR MAYBE BECAUSE I HATE YOU

Anonymous said...

its your choice, i just think that its not worth the little monies we have.

Anonymous said...

I am anonymous as much as possible.

And Ally makes me LOL.

Tyler Long said...

quit fighting on my blog kids ... hug and make up

Anonymous said...

I ALREADY DID THAT ONCE THIS WEEK. MAYBE NEXT YEAR?

Anonymous said...

Shit, Ally discovered capslock.

<3,

Anon

Anonymous said...

why dont you guys come down here? why do we always come up there? i vote you come down here

Anonymous said...

I think your maths are off.

Anonymous said...

I don't want to get into your fight, or sound like a lamo but what does RFHL LMFAO mean?

Anonymous said...

Ally doesn't really hate adam does she?! That makes me s.a.d.

Tyler Long said...

i meant hate ... there's no hate

but ... maybe there also is no hat ... who knows

Anonymous said...

Well I know there is no hat on adam, he is at work

Anonymous said...

Q? do you know the person, personally, who does the blog with the cartoony thing? tooth paste for dinner? Just curious

Tyler Long said...

nope ... he lives in Ohio ... but he is one funny MOFO

he also does Married to the Sea with his wife

Anonymous said...

what if we did come up there this weekend? dont you people work?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Well, if you did come up this weekend, I assume we'd see Tyrel get incredibly drunk, throw his phone and break it, lose $100, and stand for longer then I ever have before.

Maybe hear some good music too.

And hang out with some good friends.

I'm just guessing though.