Monday, July 17, 2006

a hipster no more!

I did it!

I cancelled my MySpace account today. I even went back to my Friendster account (which I hadn't logged into in probably 3 years) and cancelled that membership too. I no longer have to try to be cooler than I really am in the hopes of impressing someone online. I'm not "hipster" enough for MySpace, and now that I'm married I don't need to meet anyone of the opposite sex (does that really happen to anyone on MySpace?) through networking online. Recently I have been reacquainted with several friends from high school, which was cool, but I have realized that if they want to get back in touch, they can find me some other way. There may have been a reason that we lost touch 9 years ago. Not to say that there aren't several of those people that I would like to get back in touch with, but it wasn't worth being on MySpace anymore. Besides, one of these days someone is going to figure out how to create a virus that spreads through MySpace and destroys billions of people's computers. As long as Ally deletes her profile as well, we won't be infected with that virus. Then we can laugh and tell everyone ... we told you so!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told you so.