Saturday, July 26, 2008

delicious beer

Yesterday after work, we met Kathie and her husband Trevor downtown on the waterfront for the Oregon Brewers Festival. The way it works is that you buy a mug and then you buy tokens. The tokens allow you to buy either a taste of a beer for 1 token or a full beer for 4 tokens. Trevor had a bunch of tokens that he shared with me and I decided not to waste my time in lines only getting tastes. I had 4 full beers that were all strong and hoppy. They were delicious and other than the huge amount of people at the festival, it was a pretty fun time. The only problem was that since the beers were so strong and I hadn't eaten anything for a few hours, I got pretty drunk. Afterwards, Kathy, Trevor, Ally and I went to Cha Cha Cha and had some Mexican food. It helped quite a bit with the drunkenness, but it wasn't quite enough. After dinner, we said goodbye to Kathy and Trevor since they now live in Bend and we probably won't see them again for a while. I went to bed shortly after getting back home. Ally isn't much of a beer fan (other than Pabst) so she was sober and decided to go out for a friend's birthday. I have spent most of today at home doing hardly anything. It has taken me pretty much all day to get over my hangover. I haven't really had a headache or felt ill or anything, I've just been tired and I keep falling asleep for a few minutes here and there while watching TV. The beer fest was fun, but I wish it hadn't ruined my whole Saturday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just need to drink another beer. Works like a charm.

Tyler Long said...

yeah I tried that and I felt worse

Anonymous said...

No, No.
I think you're supposed to drink, like, 5 beers.
That's just what I heard.....

Shanny said...

i think eric is trying to make your day worse ; )