Saturday, June 14, 2008

getting excited about musicfest nw

It might not be SXSW in Austin, but Portland's own MusicFest NW is starting to seem legit. Last year's festival was pretty impressive, with some pretty well known bands. They have only announced a few bands for this year's festival so far, but I'm already getting excited. Mogwai will be playing. They always blow me away when I see them live. They are are quite possibly the loudest band ever, but I always leave completely happy having almost certain hearing loss. On top of that, Polvo is playing. I was really into Polvo in high school, but they broke up way before I ever got a chance to see them live. These two bands are a good start to what should be a great festival. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw Polvo the other night in NYC. I thought they were great. Dave's (from the band) Mom and Dad chatted it up with me for a bit and bought me a beer! "You came all the way from Connecticut by yourself?!" heh. They're so cute and so proud of their son and his bandmates.