Wednesday, September 05, 2007

what a show!

Last Friday I went to the Crystal Ballroom to see Gogol Bordello. They are a gypsy punk band from New York. I have been casually listening to their music ever since I saw Everything is Illuminated, in which the lead singer plays a very funny character. I had been hearing about the band and their raucous live shows for a few years, so when I saw they were coming to town I decided I couldn't miss it. The show was great! I don't think that I have had that much fun at a concert in years. The band is amazingly tight and entertaining. The entire venue was packed with people, and every single person was jumping up and down and dancing for the entire 1 hour and 45 minute set. I will definitely go and see them again, and I highly recommend anyone to go see them when they are in your town.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should plan a trip to Boston to see them at the Bowery on Oct. 10th! ( :

Anonymous said...

Oops...meant Oct 11th at the Roxy! Ha!

Tyler Long said...

who is this?

Shanny said...

it's not Shannon!