Monday, August 06, 2007

Slye and Silke

Jason Slye was in town for the weekend because his girlfriend Silke was leaving for a 4 week trip home to Germany followed by 2 weeks on the East Coast. Poor Slye is going to be so lonely. We spent Friday night with them at Tugboat Brewery. I was surprised that I had never heard of this place. We always avoid downtown because of the crowds and pretentiousness. This place was relatively empty, lacked any pretension and made some pretty tasty British-style ales.

I had a tattoo appointment on Saturday, after which I went back home and rested since I knew Slye was going to still be in town. That night I went with Jason to see his friend Nat's band Derby play at the Doug Fir Lounge. They are a pretty good pop rock band with quite a following (I wasn't expecting the place to be so full).

Sunday morning, Slye and I went to get breakfast. Afterwards we watched TV for a while while Slye nursed a hangover he kept insisting that he didn't have.

It was nice to see Jason and Silke again. It had, unfortunately, been far too long since we had hung out.

5 comments:

jasonslye said...

I didn't have a hang over, I was just tired. I do remember mumbling something along the lines of, "I'm so wasted" the night before though.

Tyler Long said...

mumbling? more like "loudly proclaiming"

Ally said...

and i guess i was dead through all this

Tyler Long said...

i said, "we spent friday night with them".

you are part of "we"

jasonslye said...

Where the hell is my PBR damnit! I'm wasted.....